Microsoft Azure Announcing the preview of App Service domain
For a production web app, you probably want users to see what is a custom domain name. Today Microsoft is announcing the preview of App Service domain. App Service domain (preview) which gives you a first class experience in the Azure portal to create and manage the domains that will be hosted on the Azure DNS for your Azure services such as Virtual Machines, Web Apps, Traffic Manager, and more.
Simplified domain management
App Service domains (preview) simplifies the life cycle of creating and then managing a domain for Azure services leveraging Azure DNS. Azure DNS then will provide the reliable performant and secure options of hosting your domains. App Service domains are currently limited to the following TLDs, co.uk, org, nl, in, com, net, biz, org.uk, and co.in. To get started with the creating a domain, please see How to buy a domain for the App Service.
Here are some of the benefits of using the App Service domains:
- Subdomain management and the assignment
- Auto-renew capabilities
- Free cancellation will be done within the first five days
- Better security, performance, and then reliability using the Azure DNS
- ‘Privacy Protection’ will be included for the free except for TLDs who’s registry does not support privacy such as .co.in, .co.uk, & etc.
Check out the following resources to manage your domain:
- Configure Domains for the Azure services
Manage the DNS zones
Manage DNS records
Visit our website http://mavensoft.com/our-blog/ regularly for Latest Azure Blog Posts